See Figures 1, 2 and 3
A special pump timing tool KV11229352, or equivalent is needed to adjust the injection pump timing. Do not attempt this procedure without this tool.
- Set the No. 1 cylinder to TDC of the compression stroke and align the pointer on the engine block with the notch in the crankshaft pulley.
- Make sure the No. 1 cylinder valves are in the closed position.
- Remove all injection tubes.
- Turn the cold start device to the free position by turning the linkage clockwise and set a block between the cold start device and linkage.
- Remove the plug bolt from the rear side of the injection pump. Install the pump timing tool KV11229352 or equivalent, into the hole.
- Loosen the pump mounting nuts and bracket bolt.
To adjust plunger lift, proceed as follows:
- Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise 15 to 20 degrees from No. 1 cylinder TDC.
- Find the dial gauge needle rest point and 0 the gauge.
- Turn the crankshaft clockwise until the No. 1 cylinder is at TDC of the compression stroke and read the pump timing tool.
The reading should be as follows:
Low altitude and M/T-0.0358-0.0382 in. (0.91-0.97mm)
- If the timing in not within the range, turn the pump body until the reading is obtained.
- Tighten the pump retaining bolts, remove the timing tool and install the plug. Remove the block from the cold start device. Torque all injector tubes to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Start the engine and check operation.