REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Fuel injection systems remain under pressure after the engine has been turned OFF. Properly relieve fuel pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines. Also observe all safety practices outlined previously in the Fuel System Safety Precautions. Failure to do so may result in fire or personal injury.
- Following proper procedures, relieve fuel system residual pressure.
- Remove the lines on the nozzle side and loosen them on the pump side.
- Remove the spill tube.
- Unscrew the injector from the engine.
- If reusing the old injector nozzle assembly, clean the injector assembly before reinstalling.
Install the injector to the engine as follows:
- Always use a new injector gasket. Install the gasket in the proper direction.
- Torque the injectors to 43-51 ft. lbs. (58-68 Nm).
- Torque the lines to 16-18 ft. lbs. (21-25 Nm).
- Torque the spill tube to 29-36 ft. lbs. (39-48 Nm).
- Pressurize the fuel system and check all connections for leakage.