REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Following proper procedures, relieve fuel system residual pressure.
- Remove the lines on the nozzle side and loosen them on the pump side.
- Remove the spill tube.
- Unscrew the injector from the engine.
- If reusing the old injector nozzle assembly, clean the injector assembly before reinstalling.
Install the injector to the engine as follows:
- Always use a new injector gasket. Install the gasket in the proper direction.
- Torque the injectors to 43-51 ft. lbs. (58-68 Nm).
- Torque the lines to 16-18 ft. lbs. (21-25 Nm).
- Torque the spill tube to 29-36 ft. lbs. (39-48 Nm).
- Pressurize the fuel system and check all connections for leakage.