REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
When draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Disconnect the water hoses from the oil cooler.
- Remove the oil cooler cover, stud and cooler.
- Replace all O-rings. Install the cooler.
- Torque the stud to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the cover and torque to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the water hoses and refill the engine with coolant.
- Change the oil and filter at this time.
- Connect the negative (-) battery cable and check for leaks.