REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the engine and transaxle assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the transaxle from the engine.
- Remove the clutch/flywheel assembly (manual transaxle) or the driveplate (automatic transaxle) from the crankshaft.
- Remove the oil seal retainer, if equipped with a removable retainer.
- Using a small prybar, pry the rear main oil seal from around the crankshaft.
- Apply lithium grease around the sealing lip of the oil seal and install the seal by driving it into the cylinder block using an oil seal installation tool.
- If applicable, install the oil seal retainer.
- Install the flywheel or driveplate.
- Install the transaxle to engine.
- Install engine and transaxle assembly in the vehicle.