REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable. Disconnect the air inlet and the outlet pipes from the turbocharger.
- Disconnect the oil pressure tube and the oil return hose from the turbocharger. Disconnect and mark the high tension wires from the spark plugs.
- Remove the catalytic converter heat shield, then the converter's mounting bracket.
Soak the exhaust pipe outlet bolts with penetrating oil if necessary to loosen them.
- Remove the exhaust outlet-to-turbocharger mounting nuts and separate the outlet from the turbocharger.
- Remove the turbocharger-to-exhaust manifold mounting nuts and lift the turbocharger from the exhaust manifold.
- Using a putty knife, clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
Use new gaskets, install the turbocharger to the exhaust manifold. Observe the following torques:
Exhaust manifold-to-cylinder head bolts-12-15 ft. lbs. (15-18 Nm)
- Install the remaining components. Connect the negative (-) battery cable and check operation.