REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Use masking tape and heavy rags to protect the painted surfaces around the fender area. This procedure will help avoid expensive paint damage during fender removal and installation.
- Raise the vehicle and support safely. Raise the hood and support.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the front bumper as outlined in this section.
- Remove the inner fender well.
- Open the door and remove the fender retaining bolt.
- Remove the fender bolts and disconnect all electrical connectors.
- The fender will be caulked around the seams. With the aid of a heat gun, remove the fender from the vehicle.
- Undercoat the new fender with an approved body undercoating. Coat all seams with body caulk to help prevent rust.
- Install the fender and loosely install the retaining bolts.
- Align the fender to the body and tighten the bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-20 Nm).
- Install the front bumper and wheel well.
- Connect all electrical connectors.
- Install the front wheel and slowly lower the hood and check alignment. Realign if necessary.