REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the lid and disconnect the rear defogger harness, if equipped.
- Mark the hinge locations on the lid for proper relocation.
- Position rags between the roof and the upper end of the lid to prevent scratching the paint.
- Support the lid and remove the through-bolts for the gas shocks, if equipped.
See Figures 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Support the lid and remove the support bolts for the hinge retaining bolts, then remove the lid.
- Install the lid with the help of an assistant. Align the hinges to the bolt holes and install the bolts. Position the lid and hinges to their original position and tighten.
- Slowly close the lid, making sure it does not contact the painted surfaces. Adjust as necessary and torque the bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm).
Be careful not to scratch the lift support rods. A scratched rod may cause oil or gas leakage.
See Figures 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Open the hatchback lid.
- Loosen the lid hinge to body attaching bolts until they are just loose enough to move the lid.
- Move the lid up and down to obtain a flush fit between the lid and the roof.
- After adjustment, tighten the hinge attaching bolts securely.