REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Open the hood and protect the body with covers to protect the painted surfaces.
- Mark the hood hinge locations on the hood for proper reinstallation.
- With the help of an assistant, hold both sides of the hood while unscrewing the bolts securing the hinges to the hood. Carefully remove the hood.
- Install the hood with the help of an assistant. Align the hinges to the bolt holes and install the bolts. Position the hood and hinges to their original positions and tighten.
- Slowly close the hood, making sure it does not contact the painted surfaces. Adjust as necessary and torque the bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm).
See Figures 3 and 4
The hood can be adjusted with bolts attaching the hood to the hood hinges, hood lock mechanism and hood bumpers. Adjust the hood for an even fit between the front fenders.
- Adjust the hood fore and aft by loosening the bolts attaching the hood to the hinge and repositioning hood.
- Loosen the hood bumper locknuts and lower (turn) the bumpers until they do not contact the front of the hood when the hood is closed.
- Set the striker at the center of the hood lock, and tighten the hood lock securing bolts temporarily.
- Raise the 2 hood bumpers until the hood is flush with the fenders. Tighten the bumper locknuts.
- Tighten the hood lock securing bolts after the proper adjustment has been obtained.