REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Open the trunk lid and position a cloth or cushion to protect the painted areas.
- Mark the trunk lid hinge locations or trunk lid for proper reinstallation.
- With the help of an assistant, support the trunk lid on both sides while removing the bolts attaching the trunk lid to the hinge. Carefully remove the trunk lid.
- Install the trunk lid with the help of an assistant. Align the hinges to the bolt holes and install the bolts. Position the trunk lid and hinges to their original positions and tighten.
- Slowly close the trunk lid, making sure it does not contact the painted surfaces. Adjust as necessary and torque the bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm).
See Figure 3
- Loosen the trunk lid hinge attaching bolts until they are just loose enough to move the trunk lid.
- Move the trunk lid fore and aft to obtain a flush fit between the trunk lid and the rear fender.
- To obtain a snug fit between the trunk lid and weatherstrip, loosen the trunk lid lock striker attaching bolts enough to move the lid, working the striker up and down and from side to side as required.
- After the adjustment is made tighten the striker bolts securely.