REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- On the Sentra wagon, disconnect the parking brake cable at the equalizer.
- On the Sentra wagon (4WD), remove the mounting nuts for the transaxle support rod and the transaxle control rod.
- Disconnect the front exhaust pipe at the manifold and position it out of the way.
- On the Sentra wagon (4WD), matchmark the flanges and then separate the driveshaft from the transfer case.
- Remove the stabilizer bar-to-transverse link (lower control arm) mounting bolts.
- Remove the 4 stabilizer bar mounting bracket bolts and then pull the bar out, around the link and exhaust pipe.
- Install the stabilizer bar and mounting brackets. Never fully tighten the mounting bolts unless the car is resting on the ground with normal weight upon the wheels. On the 1987-90 Pulsar, be sure the stabilizer bar ball joint socket is properly positioned.
When installing the stabilizer bar, make sure that the paint mark and clamp face in their correct directions (1987-96 vehicles).
- Install the driveshaft to the transfer case if it was removed.
- Reconnect the front exhaust pipe at the manifold.
- Connect the parking brake cables and install any other bolts that were removed.
- Final tightening of all bolts should take place with the weight of the vehicle on the wheels.