REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front and Rear
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19
- Remove the regulator handle by pushing the set pin spring clip from the shaft, then pulling the handle straight off. Also remove the escutcheon from the door panel.
To remove the regulator handle, a special tool is recommended. Such a tool is available in many automotive parts stores. As an alternative, you can place a cotton rag around the shaft under the handle and work it back and forth until the set pin spring is removed.
- Unfasten and remove the armrest (if detachable from the panel) and the inside door handle escutcheon. If equipped, unscrew the pop-up door lock knob.
- Remove the door panel with a special removing tool. Do not damage the cardboard finish panel by forcing. Use 2 prybars rapped with electrical tape if a door finish panel removing tool is not available. Remove the sealing screen.
- On some models, it may be necessary to remove the outer door molding.
- Lower the door glass with the regulator handle until the regulator-to-glass attaching bolts appear at the access holes in the door inside panel.
- Raise the door glass and draw it upwards.
- Remove the regulator attaching bolts and remove the regulator assembly through the large access hole in the door panel.
- Lubricate the regulator with all-purpose grease. Install the window regulator assembly in the door.
- Connect all mounting bolts and check for proper operation.
- Adjust the window if necessary, then install the door sealing screen and finish panel.
- Install the armrest (if applicable) and other attachable components to the door panel.
- Install the window regulator handle.