REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
To avoid rendering the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) inoperative, which could lead to personal injury or death in the event of a severe frontal collision, extreme caution must be taken when servicing the electrically related systems. All SRS electrical wiring harnesses and connectors are covered with YELLOW outer insulation. Do not use electrical test equipment on any circuit related to the SRS (air bag).
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the tilt adjusting lever and completely lower the steering column.
- Remove the steering column cover.
- Remove the mounting screws and the instrument cluster hood.
- Remove the instrument cluster screws, pull the cluster forward, then disconnect the speedometer cable and the harness connectors.
- Remove the instrument cluster from the vehicle.
- Install the instrument cluster and attaching screws.
- Reconnect all electrical connections and speedometer cable.
- Reconnect steering column and cover.
- Connect the battery cable.
- Start engine and check for proper operation of all components.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable. Remove the 2 screws from the lower side of the instrument hood and remove it.
- Remove the 2 screws from the top of the instrument cluster, pull it out to disconnect the electrical connectors, and remove it.
- Install the cluster in reverse of the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable. Remove the 2 screws from underneath the cluster bezel and the 2 from the underside of the cluster hood. Then, use a thin, flat object to depress the locking pawl in the fastener located at the top left of the cluster bezel; then, slide this fastener out of the dash. Now, slide the cluster bezel out of the dash.
- Remove the mounting screws from the underside and front of the instrument cluster and then pull it out of the dash panel far enough for you to gain access to the electrical connectors. Disconnect these connectors and then remove the cluster by sliding it out of the dash.
- Install the cluster by reversing the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.