If equipped with a digital speedometer, the entire cluster assembly must be replaced if the speedometer is faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Analog (Needle Type) Speedometers
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster assembly from instrument panel far enough to disconnect the gauge connections.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable (or speed sensor connector) and remove it from the vehicle.
- Remove the speedometer fasteners and carefully remove the speedometer from the cluster. Be careful not to damage the printed circuit board.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.