REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the Brake Drum & Brake shoes following the procedures outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the flare nut and the brake tube from the wheel cylinder, then plug the line to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Remove the wheel cylinder-to-backing plate bolts and the wheel cylinders.
If the wheel cylinder is difficult to remove, tap it with a soft hammer to release it from the backing plate.To install:
- Install the wheel cylinder assembly to the backing plate.
- Connect all brake lines and torque retaining bolts to 60-96 inch lbs. (6-11 Nm) and pipe fitting to 12-14 ft. lbs. (17-22 Nm). Install the brake drum.
- Bleed the brake system as outlined in this section.