REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The filter should be replaced at least every 30,000 miles (48,300 km), or more often under extremely adverse weather conditions or in areas where ambient temperatures are either extremely low or extremely high. The fuel filter on the diesel engine includes the priming pump and the fuel filter sensor.
- Remove the fuel filter sensor and drain the fuel into an appropriate container.
- Unscrew the fuel filter and discard.
- Install the fuel filter sensor to the new fuel filter.
- Hand-tighten the fuel filter to the priming pump.
- Bleed the fuel system as outlined in Fuel System .