REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
The fuel filter on all models is a disposable plastic unit, located at the rear of the engine compartment. The filter should be replaced at least every 24,000 miles (38,647 km). A dirty filter will starve the engine and cause poor running.
- Locate the fuel filter on the left (driver's) side of the engine compartment. Place a container under the filter to catch the excess fuel.
- Loosen the hose clamps, then disconnect the inlet and outlet hoses from the fuel filter. Make certain that the inlet hose (bottom) doesn't fall below the fuel tank level or gasoline will drain out.
- Pry the fuel filter from its clip and replace the assembly.
- Position new hose clamps, if necessary, then connect the inlet and outlet lines. Make sure that the closest edge of each hose clamp is 1 / 8 in. (3mm) from the end of the hose before tightening.
Ensure that the screw does not contact adjacent parts.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.