REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The steering lock/ignition switch assembly is attached to the steering column by special screws whose heads shear off on installation. The screws must be drilled out to remove the assembly.
- Refer to the Steering Wheel removal and installation procedures in this section, and remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering column cover(s).
- Using a drill, drill out the self-shear type screws of the steering lock retainer.
The 1991-96 Sentra models use only 2 self-shearing screws to hold the steering lock onto the steering column. All other models use 2 self-shearing screws and 2 regular screws.
- Remove the screws and the steering lock from the steering column.
- Use new self-shearing screws. Tighten the self-shearing type screws until the heads break off.
- Install the steering column cover and steering wheel as outlined in this section.