REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
E16i and GA16i Engines
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Following proper procedures, relieve fuel system residual pressure.
- Remove injector cover and pull out injector straight upward. Take care not to break or bend injector terminal.
- Install a new lower injector O-ring in the throttle body.
- Install the fuel injector and push it down using a suitable tool. Align the direction of the injector terminals. Take care not to break or bend injector terminal.
- Install a new upper injector O-ring in the throttle body.
- Install upper plate and injector cover with rubber plug removed.
- Make sure that two O-rings (small one and big one) are installed in the injector cover.
- Check for proper connection between injector terminal and injector cover terminal, then install rubber plug.
- Start engine and check for fuel leaks.
Refer to Emission Controls for all electronic fuel injection testing and diagnostics.