The pressure regulator is located under the throttle body assembly on Throttle Body Injected (TBI models).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fuel injection systems remain under pressure after the engine has been turned OFF. Properly relieve fuel pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines. Also, observe all safety practices outlined previously in the Fuel System Safety Precautions. Failure to do so may result in fire or personal injury.
- Following proper procedures, relieve fuel system residual pressure.
- Remove the air inlet tube assembly.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose and return line from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Loosen the retaining screw(s).
- Carefully remove the regulator from the throttle body assembly.
- Install new O-rings on the regulator assembly. Lightly lubricate the O-rings with gasoline.
- Install the regulator to the throttle body housing and secure with retaining screw(s).
- Connect the vacuum hose and return line to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Pressurize the fuel system and check for leaks.
- Install the air inlet tube assembly.