REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
E16i and GA16i Engines
- Following proper procedures, relieve fuel system residual pressure.
- Release the fuel pump pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses, fuel line and the electrical connections from the throttle body. Disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle body.
- Remove the mounting bolts and the throttle body from the intake manifold.
- To install, use a new gasket and reverse the removal procedures. Torque the throttle chamber bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm). Adjust the throttle cable if necessary.
E16i & GA16i ENGINES
See Figure 1
- Connect an approved tachometer and warm up the engine.
- Disconnect the throttle switch connector. Check the idle speed and adjust as necessary, according to the Tune-Up specifications chart in General Information & Maintenance .
- Manually open the throttle to about 2000 rpm, lower the engine speed slowly and read the engine speed at which the idle contact turns ON and OFF. The ON/OFF rpm should be 900-1200 rpm.
- If not within specifications, turn the throttle switch until the correct ON/OFF rpm is reached.
- Tighten the switch screws and install the air cleaner.