REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
E16i and GA16i Engines
Fuel injection systems remain under pressure after the engine has been turned OFF. Properly relieve fuel pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines. Also, observe all safety practices outlined above in the Fuel System Safety Precautions. Failure to do so may result in fire or personal injury.
- Following proper procedures, relieve fuel system residual pressure.
- Release the fuel pump pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses, fuel line and the electrical connections from the throttle body. Disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle body.
- Remove the mounting bolts and the throttle body from the intake manifold.
- To install, use a new gasket and reverse the removal procedures. Torque the throttle chamber bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm). Adjust the throttle cable if necessary.
E16i & GA16i ENGINES
See Figure 1
- Connect an approved tachometer and warm up the engine.
- Disconnect the throttle switch connector. Check the idle speed and adjust as necessary, according to the Tune-Up specifications chart in General Information & Maintenance .
- Manually open the throttle to about 2000 rpm, lower the engine speed slowly and read the engine speed at which the idle contact turns ON and OFF. The ON/OFF rpm should be 900-1200 rpm.
- If not within specifications, turn the throttle switch until the correct ON/OFF rpm is reached.
- Tighten the switch screws and install the air cleaner.