THROTTLE WIRE CA20 ENGINE
See Figure 1
The throttle wire is adjusted by means of double nuts on the carburetor side.
- Loosen the adjusting nuts at the carburetor throttle wire bracket.
- With the throttle fully opened, turn the threaded shaft inward as far as it will go and tighten the 1st nut against the bracket.
- Back off the 1st nut 1 / 2 turns and tighten the 2nd nut against the bracket.
- The throttle wire stroke between the threaded shaft and the cam should be 27.5-31.5mm.
THROTTLE CABLE FUEL INJECTED ENGINE
The throttle cable is operated via a cam on the throttle shaft of the injection unit. The adjustment is located on the side of the air intake plenum.
- Loosen the 2 lock-nuts that position the cable. Open the throttle lever and hold it at the fully open position.
- Back off both lock-nuts. Slide the outer cable as far as it will go away from the throttle cam.
- Turn the nut on the side away from the throttle until it just starts to hold. Then, back it off 3 / 4 1 1 / 4 revolutions. Tighten the nut on the throttle side to lock this position securely.
- Place selector lever in P range. Make sure that control lever locks at P range.
- Loosen lock nuts. Screw front lock nut until it touches select rod end while holding select rod horizontal.
- Tighten back lock nut. Make sure that selector lever moves smoothly in each range.