REMOVAL, INSTALLATION AND ADJUSTMENT
See Figures 1 and 2
The switch unit is bolted to the transmission case, behind the transmission shift lever. The switch prevents the engine from being started in any transmission position except Park or Neutral. It also controls the backup lights.
- Place the transmission selector lever in the Neutral range.
- Remove the screw from the switch (see illustration).
- Loosen the attaching bolts. With a aligning pin (2.0mm diameter) move the switch until the pin falls into the hole in the rotor.
- Tighten the attaching bolts equally.
- Make sure while holding the brakes on, that the engine will start only in Park or Neutral. Check that the backup lights go on only in Reverse.