REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Make sure all vacuum lines and connectors are in good condition. A small vacuum leak will cause a big problem in the power brake system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the master cylinder mounting nuts and pull the master cylinder assembly (brake lines connected) away from the power booster.
- Detach the vacuum lines from the booster.
- Detach the booster pushrod at the pedal clevis.
- Unbolt the booster from under the dash and lift it out of the engine compartment.
- Install the brake booster assembly to the vehicle. Install the master cylinder assembly to brake booster assembly.
- Connect the booster pushrod to the pedal clevis. Connect the vacuum lines to brake booster.
- Connect the battery. Start the engine and check brake operation.