RELUCTOR AND IC IGNITION UNIT
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
If the distributor assembly must be remove from the engine the distributor must be marked for correct installation. Refer tosection 3for the necessary service procedures before starting this repair.
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor. The rotor is held to the distributor shaft by a retaining screw, which must be removed.
- Remove the wiring harness and the vacuum controller from the housing.
- Using 2 flat bladed screwdrivers, place one on each side of the reluctor and pry it from the distributor shaft.
When removing the reluctor, be careful not to damage or distort the teeth.
- Remove the roll pin from the reluctor.
To remove the IC unit, mark and remove the breaker plate assembly and separate the IC unit from it. Be careful not to loose the spacers when you remove the IC unit.
- Install the IC unit to the breaker plate assembly.
- Install the wiring harness and the vacuum controller to the distributor housing. When you install the roll pin into the reluctor position the cutout direction of the roll pin in parallel with the notch in the rotor shaft. Make sure that the harness to the IC ignition unit is tightly secured, then adjust the air gap between the reluctor and the stator to 0.30-0.50mm. Refer to the exploded views of the distributor in this guide.