REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery. Before removing the radio (audio assembly), you must remove the center instrument cluster which holds the heater controls, etc. Remove the two side screws in the cluster. Remove the heater control and the control panel. Remove the two bolts behind the heater control panel and the two bolts at the case of the cluster. Pull the cluster out of the way after disconnecting the lighter wiring and any other control cables.
- Remove the radio knobs and fronting panel.
- Remove the five screws holding the radio assembly in place.
- Remove the radio after unplugging all connections.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check radio for proper operation.
See Figure 1
On some applications, an auxiliary fuse is located in the rear of the radio. If all other power sources check OK, remove the radio and check the fuse.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all necessary trim panel(s) or ashtray assembly--refer to illustrations.
- Remove the radio mounting bolts and the radio.
- Disconnect the electrical harness connector and the antenna plug from the radio.
- Connect the electrical harness connector and the antenna plug to the radio.
- Install the radio and tighten the bolts.
- Install all necessary trim panel(s) or ashtray assembly.
- Check radio system for proper operation.