REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Always replace the exhaust gaskets (exhaust pipe gasket to manifold) with new ones when reassembling--clean exhaust pipe flange completely before installing new exhaust gasket.
- Support the vehicle securely by using jackstands or equivalent under the frame of the vehicle.
- Remove the exhaust pipe clamps and any front exhaust pipe shield.
- Soak the exhaust manifold front pipe mounting studs with penetrating oil. Remove attaching nuts and gasket from the manifold.
If these studs snap off, while removing the front pipe the manifold will have to be removed and the stud will have to be drill out and the hole tapped.
- Remove any exhaust pipe mounting hanger or bracket.
- Remove front pipe from the catalytic converter.
- Install the front pipe on the manifold with seal if so equipped.
- Install the pipe on the catalytic converter. Assemble all parts loosely and position pipe to insure proper clearance from body of vehicle.
- Tighten mounting studs, bracket bolts on exhaust clamps.
- Install exhaust pipe shield.
- Start engine and check for exhaust leaks.