REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Refer tosection 2for additional service information and illustrations.
Later vehicle models do not use a "Ignition Module" in the distributor assembly.
- Remove the distributor cap and pull the rotor from the distributor shaft.
The rotor on most vehicles is held to the distributor shaft by a retaining screw, which must be removed.
- Remove the wiring harness and the vacuum controller from the housing.
- Using 2 flat bladed screwdrivers, place one on each side of the reluctor and pry it from the distributor shaft.
When removing the reluctor, be careful not to damage or distort the teeth.
- Remove the roll pin from the reluctor.
- Mark and remove the breaker plate assembly and separate the IC unit from it. Be careful not to loose the spacers when you remove the IC unit.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. When you install the roll pin into the reluctor position the cutout direction of the roll pin in parallel with the notch in the reluctor. Make sure that the harness to the IC ignition unit is tightly secured, then adjust the air gap between the reluctor and the stator.