REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
On 200SX V6 engine it may be necessary to remove radiator shroud, coolant fan assembly and water suction pipe retaining bolts to gain access to the thermostat housing.
- Drain the engine coolant into a clean container so that the level is below the thermostat housing.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose at the water outlet.
- Loosen the two securing nuts and remove the water outlet, gasket, and the thermostat from the thermostat housing.
- Install the thermostat to the engine, using a new gasket with sealer and with the thermostat spring toward the inside of the engine.
- Reconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Refill and bleed the cooling system. Refer to General Information & Maintenance for Drain And Refill procedures and illustrations if necessary. Make sure to let the engine reach normal operating temperature then check coolant for the correct level.
COOLING SYSTEM BLEEDING
See Figures 5 and 6
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Fill the radiator and reservoir tank with the proper type of coolant. If equipped with an air relief plug, remove the plug and add coolant until it spills out the air relief opening. Install the plug.
- Install and tighten the radiator cap.
- Start the engine and allow the coolant to come up to operating temperature. If equipped allow the electric cooling fan to come on at least once. Run the heater at full force and with the temperature lever in the HOT position. Be sure the heater control valve is functioning.
- Shut the engine off and recheck the coolant level, refill as necessary.