REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect the sensor harness connector.
- Detach the sensor mounting brackets.
- Unbolt the sensor from the rear of the steering knuckle.
- Withdraw the sensor from the sensor rotor. Remove the sensor mounting brackets from the sensor wiring.
During removal and installation, take care not to damage the sensor or the teeth of the rotor.To install:
- Transfer the mounting brackets to the new sensor. Insert the sensor through the opening in the rear of the knuckle and engage the sensor with the rotor teeth.
- Install the sensor mounting bolts. Check and adjust the sensor-to-rotor clearance as described below. Once the clearance is set, tighten the sensor mounting bolt(s) to 8-12 ft. lbs. on the 240SX and 13-17 ft. lbs. on the Stanza.
- Position and install the sensor mounting brackets. Make the sure the sensor wiring is routed properly.
- Connect the sensor harness connector.
- Mount the front wheels and lower the vehicle.