REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Disconnect the sensor harness connector.
- Detach the sensor mounting brackets.
- Remove the sensor mounting bolts.
- On Stanza, withdraw the sensor from the rear gusset. On 240SX, the sensor is located on the side of the differential carrier near the driveshaft companion flange.
- Remove the sensor mounting brackets from the sensor wiring.
- Transfer the mounting brackets to the new sensor.
- Install the sensor. Check and adjust the sensor-to-rotor clearance as described below. Once the clearance is set, tighten the sensor mounting bolt(s) to 13-20 ft. lbs.
- Install the sensor mounting brackets. Make the sure the sensor wiring is routed properly.
- Connect the sensor harness connector.
- Mount the rear wheels and lower the vehicle.
WHEEL SENSOR CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 4
- Install the rear wheel sensor.
Check the clearance between the edge of the sensor and rotor teeth using a feeler gauge. Clearances should be as follows:
- On 240SX, rear wheel sensor clearance should 0.0138-0.0246 in. (0.035-0.625mm).
- On Stanza, the clearance should be 0.008-0.039 in. (0.2-1.0mm).
- To adjust the clearance, loosen the sensor mounting bolt(s) and move the sensor back and forth until the clearance is as specified.
- Once the clearance is set, tighten the sensor mounting bolt(s) to 13-20 ft. lbs.