REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1982 and Later 200SX and All 240SX
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the heater unit assembly (refer to the necessary service procedures and illustrations) and the heater core hoses.
- Remove the heater core from the heater unit box.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Clean heater case of all debris before installation. Check system for proper operation.
See Figures 1 and 2
When refilling the cooling system, be sure to bleed the air from it. Refer to the Draining, Flushing and Refilling procedure in section 1 and bleed the cooling system. Refer to the exploded view illustration of each Heater Assembly.
- Remove pedal bracket mounting bolts, the steering column mounting bolts, the brake and the clutch pedal cotter pins.
- Move the pedal bracket and the steering column to the left.
- Disconnect the air mix door control cable and the heater valve control lever, then remove the control lever.
- Remove the core cover and disconnect the hoses at the core. Remove the heater core.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedures. On later models it may be necessary to remove the complete "Heater Assembly" then remove the heater core from the assembly (remove the heater assembly case bolts/clips and separate the cases, then pull the heater core from the case) refer to the necessary procedures. Clean heater case of all debris before installation. Check system for proper operation.