See Figures 1 and 2
On Stanza models (RS5F31A type transaxle) from 1982-86 adjustment is possible. On Stanza models (RS5F50A type transaxle) from 1987 and later no adjustment is possible. On Stanza wagon (RS5F50A type transaxle) no adjustment is possible.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Under the vehicle, at the shift control area, loosen the select stopper securing bolts.
- Shift the gear selector into 1st gear.
- Adjust the clearance between the control lever and select stopper by sliding the select stopper so that the clearance is 1.00mm.
- Torque the stopper securing bolts to 5.8-8.0 ft. lbs. Check that the control lever can be shifted without binding or dragging.