REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Matchmark the driveshaft (if the driveshaft is not installed in the correct position it may cause a vibration) and differential companion flanges. Remove the center bearing and mounting brackets from the crossmember as required.
- Loosen the companion flange bolts and lower the driveshaft from the differential.
- Carefully withdraw the driveshaft from the transmission. Plug the extension opening to prevent leakage.
- Using the proper tool, remove the oil seal from the extension. Refer to the illustration.
- Wipe all seal contact surfaces clean. Coat the lip of the new seal with clean transmission fluid.
- Using the proper drift tool, drive the new seal into the extension housing.
- Insert the driveshaft into the extension housing making sure the splines are properly engaged.
- Raise the driveshaft and align the companion flange marks. Install and EVENLY tighten the flange bolts to 29-33 ft. lbs. Install the center bearing, if removed.
- Lower the vehicle. Check the fluid level and add as necessary.