REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
200SX And 240SX
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the back-up light switch on all units and neutral switch, if equipped.
- Disconnect the accelerator linkage.
- Matchmark then unbolt the driveshaft at the rear and remove. If equipped with a center bearing, unbolt it from the crossmember. Plug the end of the transmission extension to prevent leakage.
- Disconnect the speedometer drive cable from the transmission.
- Place the shift lever in the N position. Remove the E-ring and pull the shifter lever out of the transmission.
- Remove the clutch operating (slave cylinder) cylinder from the clutch housing.
- Support the engine with a large wood block and a jack under the oil pan. Do not place the jack under the oil pan drain plug.
- Unbolt the transmission from the crossmember. Support the transmission with a jack and remove the crossmember.
- Lower the rear of the engine to allow clearance.
- Remove the starter assembly.
- Unbolt the transmission assembly from the engine. Lower and move it to the rear.
Tagging the transmission-to-engine bolts upon removal is necessary to