REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Brake shoes contain asbestos, which has been determined to be a cancer causing agent. Never clean the brake surfaces with compressed air! Avoid inhaling any dust from any brake surface! When cleaning brake surfaces, use a commercially available brake cleaning fluid.
Types CL11H, CL11HB, CL14B and CL9H Series Disc Brake Assembly
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- See the appropriate procedure and remove the brake pads.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable and brake hose. Unscrew the mounting bolts and remove the caliper assembly.
- Remove the pin bolts and separate the caliper body from the mounting support.
- Using needle nosed pliers, turn the piston counterclockwise and remove it.
- Pry out the ring from inside the piston. You can now remove the adjusting nut, the ball bearing, the wave washer and the spacers.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Replace all seals and O-rings. Tighten the caliper mounting bolts to 2838 ft. lbs.