REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The steering lock/ignition switch/warning buzzer switch assembly is attached to the steering column by special screws or bolts whose heads shear off on installation. The screws must be drilled out to remove the assembly or removed with an appropriate tool.
The ignition switch or warning switch can be replaced without removing the assembly. The ignition switch is on the back of the assembly, and the warning switch on the side.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel, steering column cover(s) and combination switch.
- Disconnect the switch wiring.
- Lower the steering column, as required.
- Break the self-shear screws with a drill or other appropriate tool.
- Remove the steering lock from the column.
- Install the steering lock onto the column with new self-shear bolts or screws. Tighten the bolts or screws until the heads shear off.
- Raise and secure the steering column.
- Install the combination switch, steering column cover(s) and steering wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.