REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the steering wheel as previously outlined. Observe the caution on the collapsible steering column.
- Remove the steering column cover(s).
- Disconnect the electrical connections from the combination switch assembly.
On most model vehicles, the control (lighting, wiper and washer, hazard and cruise control set) switches can be replaced without removing the combination base. Refer to the illustration of Combination Switch.
- To remove the combination switch base-remove the base attaching screw and turn after pushing on it-refer to the illustration.
- Install the switch/combination base in the proper position. The switch base has a tab which must fit into a hole in the steering shaft in order for the system to return the switch to the neutral position after the turn has been made. Be sure to align the tab and the hole when installing.
- Install the steering wheel and steering column cover(s)-observe steering wheel retaining nut torque upon installation.
- Reconnect the battery cable. Turn key to the ON position and check system for proper operation. Make sure that the turn signals will cancel after the vehicle has made a turn.