REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Position the wiper arm to raise the wiper blade off the rear window glass. Then, remove the attaching nut and washers; then, work the wiper arm off the motor shaft.
- Remove the attaching screws and remove the hatchback/liftback area inner finish panel. Carefully peel the plastic water shield off the sealer if so equipped.
- Disconnect the electrical connector at the motor. Remove the motor mounting bolts and remove the motor.
- Install the motor in reverse of the removal procedure. Torque the rear window wiper arm-to-motor nut to 913 ft. lbs. (1318 Nm).
- Before installing the water shield, run a fresh ring of sealer around the outer edge if necessary.