Removal & Installation
Be careful not to damage sensor edge and sensor rotor teeth. Do not pull on the sensor harness.
When removing the front wheel sensor, first remove the disc rotor to gain access to the front wheel sensor bolt.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove wheel sensor bolt.
- Pull out the sensor, being careful to turn it as little as possible.
- Disconnect wheel sensor harness electrical connector, then remove harness from mounts.
- Inspect wheel sensor O-ring, replace sensor assembly if damaged.
- Clean wheel sensor hole and mounting surface with brake cleaner and a lint-free shop rag. Be careful that dirt and debris do not enter the axle.
- Apply a coat of suitable grease to the wheel sensor O-ring and mounting hole.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.