Carefully monitor brake fluid level at the sub tank during bleeding operation.
Fill the sub tank with new brake fluid. Make sure it is full at all times while bleeding the air out of system.
Place a container under the sub tank to avoid spilling brake fluid.
Do not loosen the line fittings at the ABS actuator during air bleeding.
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect ABS actuator and control unit connector or negative battery terminal.
- Connect a transparent vinyl tube and container to air bleeder valve.
- Fully depress brake pedal several times.
- With brake pedal depressed, open air bleeder valve to release air.
- Close air bleeder valve.
- Release brake pedal slowly.
- Tighten air bleeder valve to: 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 until no more air bubbles come out of air bleeder valve.
Bleed the brake hydraulic system air bleeder valves in the following order:
Right rear brake