- Remove the halfshaft from the vehicle.
- Mount halfshaft in a vise.
- Remove the dust boot bands and dust boot from joint sub-assembly.
- Insert a suitable puller into the threaded part of the halfshaft. Pull the joint sub-assembly off of the halfshaft as shown in figure.
- Remove dust boot and circlip from halfshaft for cleaning and inspection.
Discard old dust boot, dust boot bands and circlip and use new ones for assembly.
- Insert genuine NISSAN grease or equivalent into the joint sub-assembly until grease oozes from the ball groove and serration hole.
- Wrap the serrated part of the halfshaft with tape.
- Install new dust boot and band onto halfshaft.
- Remove tape from serrated part of the halfshaft.
- Press-fit the new circlip to the halfshaft.
- Insert 5.1-5.8 oz of genuine NISSAN grease or equivalent into the joint sub-assembly and large end of boot.
- Install the dust boot into the grooves on the joint sub-assembly.
- Secure the big and small ends of the dust boot using new boot bands.