Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
CAUTIONDo not handle valve cover (B) by oil filler neck.
Bolts in reverse order shown in tightening sequence illustration using power tool for valve cover (A) or (B)
- Use Genuine RTV Silicone Sealant or equivalent. Refer to illustration -a- to apply liquid gasket to the joint part of No.1 camshaft bracket and cylinder head.
- Refer to illustration -b- to apply liquid gasket 90° to illustration -a-.
- Install valve cover.
- Make sure the new rocker cover gasket is installed in the groove of the rocker cover.
Tighten the bolts in sequence and to specification by performing the following:
NOTERemove foreign materials from inside the hose using compressed air. The inserted length is within 0.98 - 1.18 inches (25 - 30 mm).
First pass: 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm)
- Install the PCV hoses
- To complete installation, reverse remaining removal procedure.