Diagnosis & Testing
If the sunroof does not operate, inspect or repair the following:
Sunroof motor assembly power supply and ground circuit
If the retained power operation does not operate properly, inspect the following:
Retained power operation mode setting
If the motor does not stop at the sunroof fully-open or fully closed position, inspect the following:
Initialization procedure check
- If the sunroof does not perform the interruption detection, replace the sunroof motor assembly.
Motor & Switch
When removing the sunroof motor, be sure to place the link and wire assembly in the symmetrical and fully closed position. Never run the removed motor as a single unit.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Position the sunroof assembly in the fully closed position.
Disconnect or remove the following:
Negative battery cable.
Before installing the sunroof motor assembly, be sure to place the link and wire assembly in the symmetrical and fully closed position.
- Move the sunroof motor laterally little by little so that the gear is completely engaged into the wire on the sunroof unit and the installation surface becomes parallel. Then, secure the motor with screws. Tighten the screws to: 20 inch lbs. (2.3 Nm).
- Connect the wire harness connector to the sunroof motor.
- Install the roof console assembly.
- Reset the sunroof motor memory.