Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front final drive assembly
- Using a punch or drill, place a small hole in the case.
- Remove the seal using special tool SP8P.
Do not re-use seal. Do not incline the new side oil seal when installing. Apply multi-purpose grease to the lips of the new side oil seal.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the lips of the new side oil seal. Then drive the new side oil seal in evenly to the gear carrier using suitable tool.
- To complete installation, reverse remaining removal procedure.
- Check the differential gear oil level after installation.