Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEDisconnect wheel sensor harness connector. Do not remove wheel sensor from wheel hub and bearing assembly for this procedure.
CAUTIONBe careful not to damage ball joint boot. Temporarily tighten nut to prevent damage to threads and to prevent Tool from coming off.
NOTESupport lower link using a suitable jack.
Wheel and hub assembly
Steering outer socket from steering knuckle using Tool HT72520000 (J-25730-A)
Cotter pin and nut from upper link ball joint and discard the cotter pin
- Separate upper link ball joint from steering knuckle using Tool ST29020001 (J-24319-01).
- Remove pinch bolt from steering knuckle using power tool, then separate lower link ball joint from steering knuckle.
- Remove steering knuckle from vehicle.
- Check for deformity, cracks and damage on each part, replace if necessary.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
- Use a new cotter pin for installation of lock nut.