Removal & Installation
Fuel Filter And Fuel Pump
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove fuel filler cap to release pressure from inside tank.
- Disconnect fuel filler hose from fuel filler pipe.
- Drain fuel tank through the fuel filler opening using a suitable hose.
Disconnect the following:
Fuel pump line protector
- Using a suitable jack to support the fuel tank, remove the strap bolts and remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Remove the lock ring using special tool J-46536.
Remove the following:
Fuel level sensor
Install or connect the following:
Fuel pump assembly, using new O-ring
- Start engine and check for leaks.