- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Move the two front seats to the rearmost position on the seat track.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the A/C system.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
Disconnect or remove the following:
CAUTIONUse care not to damage the seats and interior trim panels when removing the heater and cooling unit assembly with it attached to the steering member.
heater hoses from the heater core.
heater and cooling unit assembly from the steering member
Replace the O-rings of the low-pressure pipe and high-pressure pipe with new ones, then apply compressor oil to them when installing them. After charging the refrigerant, check for leaks.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
- Fill the engine cooling system with the specified coolant mixture and recharge the A/C system.