To adjust parking brake shoes, refer to Parking Brake Cable Adjustment procedure.
Removal & Installation
Clean the brakes with a vacuum dust collector to minimize the hazard of airborne particles or other materials.
Remove the disc rotor only with the parking brake pedal completely in the released position.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Rear disc rotor
- Check shoe sliding surface on back plate for excessive wear and damage.
- Check anti-rattle pins for excessive wear and corrosion.
- Check return springs for sagging.
- Check adjuster for rough operation.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
During installation, pay attention to the following:
Apply brake grease to the specified points during assembly