Removal & Installation
Do not damage spline, companion flange and front oil seal when removing propeller shaft. Before removing final drive assembly or rear axle assembly, disconnect ABS sensor harness connector from the assembly and move it away from final drive/rear axle assembly area. Failure to do so may result in sensor wires being damaged and sensor becoming inoperative.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the differential gear oil.
Disconnect or disconnect the following:
NOTESupport rear final drive assembly using a suitable jack. Secure rear final drive assembly to the jack while removing it.
Rear drive shaft
Rear shock absorber lower bolts
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
- Fill the rear final drive assembly with differential gear oil after installation.
- Bleed the air from brake system.