Removal & Installation
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Secure the shock absorber in a vice and loosen (without removing) the piston rod lock nut.
- Install a spring compressor and tighten until the shock absorber mounting insulator can be turned by hand.
- Remove piston rod lock nut and remove shock absorber from the coil spring.
- Install upper mounting insulator in line with the lower shock absorber mount and step in shock absorber lower seat as shown in figure.
- Tighten the new piston rod lock nut to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Coil spring and shock absorber assembly
- Check wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.